USW Local 3657 Meeting Agenda
12:30 pm on Thursday, March 25, 2015
USW Headquarters, Lobby Conference Room
- Meeting Called to Order
- Roll Call of Officers
- Reading of Minutes from Previous Meeting
Email request from Pittsburgh UNITED’s Worker Organizing Table for presentation on Fight for 15.
- USW District 10 Picnic at Dorney Park, June 20, 2105, tickets $41.00 by mail only.
- Paul J. McHale Summer Labor Institute, 6/7-12/2015, Reg. $300 includes room, deadline May 15.
● D10 RR Coordinator Training, 6/23-25/2015, Atlantic City, Room $69, Reg. $125.00
- PhilaPosh Workers’ Memorial Day, 4/24/15, Philly, PA., $60 per person $600 per table RSVP 4/15
- Labor Law and Labor Arb Conference, 7/14-14/2015, Baltimore, MD Reg. $595.00
- Letters from Stan Johnson regarding Local Elections Rules
- Financial Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Trustees’ Report
- President’s Report See Attached
- Committee Reports
- Old Business
Day of Solidarity with Los Mineros March in Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico, 4/20/15 If you are interested contact Ben Davis.
Motion for 1 member with LTE, up to date passport email Lori Bookwood by 3/13 by Susan Cornell 2nd by John Lepley
Email from Steffi Domike
Next Generation Seminar 5/3-7/15 at Linden Hall, Reg. $500, deadline 4/2.
1 member with LTE email Lori Bookwood by 3/13 by RJ Hufnagel 2nd Brittany Murray
No request to attend
ACLC 22nd Annual Banquet Dinner, 4/17 at Sheraton. Ads range from $150.00-550.00 tickets $125.00 a piece, $1,200.00 per table.
EBoard recommends no action.
Motion from the floor to send up to 5 delegates from the ACLC committee by Janet Hill 2nd Steffi Domike.
Sammy Jay and Nate Filbert will be attending.
CLUW International Executive Board Meeting 4/8-11/15 Reg. $20; Room $115
EBoard recommends no action
Motion to send two active members of CLUW with LTE and email Lori Bookwood by 3/13 by Janet Hill 2nd Steffi Domike
Email request from Elizabeth Laux
- New BusinessEmail request from Pittsburgh UNITED’s Worker Organizing Table for presentation on Fight For 15.
- USW District 10 Picnic at Dorney Park, June 20, 2105, tickets $41.00 by mail only. Will be posted on Website.
Paul J. McHale Summer Labor Institute, East Stroudsburg University, 6/7-12/2015, Reg. $300 includes room, deadline May 15, 2015.
D10 RR Coordinator Training, 6/23-25/2015, Atlantic City, Room $69, Reg. $125.00
PhilaPosh Workers’ Memorial Day, 4/24/15, Philly, PA., $60 per person $600 per table RSVP 4/15
Labor Law and Labor Arb. Conference, 7/14-14/2015, Baltimore, MD Reg. $595.00
- Good and Welfare
USW Local 3657
Committee Report for March 2015
Thank you all for your generous donations to our Oil Locals that were on strike. We collected a total of $1,304. Great Job!
USW Local 3657
Women of Steel
Chili cook off was as usual a huge success Matt Becker took 1st place / Ann Flener for dessert
Take you child to work day – We have 38 children coming to the International for TYCTWD and 19 out in the field. Our theme this year is the UNION Bug and John Lepley and his wife are working on the program for that day. Our T-Shirts will be in this week.